Thursday, February 9, 2012

They Say the Darndest Things! No, really!

Several funnies from the past few days, from the mouths of the children.

* * * * *

Normally I wear a pair of jeans/yoga pants with a t-shirt to school. I'm not a fashion forward person, I really couldn't care less. But I decided today to grab a nice top that has been in my closet for a few months, unworn. 

I'd finished getting ready for class, and came out to the kitchen to make my coffee and find some sort of breakfast. My oldest daughter (whom I will remind you is 6.5 years old) says to me, "Whooaaaa, mom! I like your shirt! Are you going on a date?!"

As long as that date's name is College, we're good. I've been so busy I can hardly remember what "a date" is other than a month and it's corresponding numerical representation. And *that* is stretching it.

* * * * *

Big... Ernie??
I was in the pediatrician's office with my youngest (3 years old) because she has a nasty cough. Like, ugly. Like, you feel really bad because the poor girl's entire body tenses up when she barks. But it's a dry cough, nothing productive about it at all.

So we're waiting our turn, and she brings me this Sesame Street book with Big Bird on the front. We used to watch a lot of Sesame Street, though not as much anymore because we're all crazy busy.

So I ask her, while pointing to Big Bird, "Who is that?"

Her: Ernie!!

Me: No, what kind of animal is that?

Her: A bird!

Me: Right! His name is Big _____...

Her: Big.......... ERNIE!


* * * * *

The youngest child has been home most of the week with a cough (see above mention of ped's office), and Daddy's been staying home with her while I go to school. His job is wonderful and understanding like that. We love them immensely.

So he is working on his computer in the office, and she is sitting in my office chair, watching Toy Story 3 on my computer.

Her: "Daddy, I have to go pee, kay. You... pause that. Okay? And when I come back, you start it again. Kay?"

Dad: ....

Her: Kay!

Really?! What not-even-three-year-old knows these words?? It, uh... must be all that War and Peace we're reading her at night before bed. Yeah.

* * * * *

It is The Youngest's birthday tomorrow, she will be a whopping OH-THREE. I can't believe it's been that long. I really enjoying being pregnant with her - I guess maybe because we knew she'd be the last one. And maybe a little because it wasn't in the dead of summertime like with The Oldest. Talk about being a bloated mess. Oof.

Anyway, I still remember that last day so clearly. She's such a wonderful kiddo, we really are blessed to have her in our lives. Sure, she can drive us freaking insane. Sure, she is really cute and continually gets away with things she shouldn't. But we luvs her anyway.

Shortly after coming home from the hospital.
Born February 10, 2009 at 1:20 a.m. Boy, that was a loooong day.
Though once real contractions hit, I only labored for like 4 hours,
pushed for  maybe 30 minutes. She was 8 lbs, 6.6 oz.

First birthday!

Second birthday!

Third birthday to come! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post to the blog! I had to come here to give you the recipe in the case my MIL did not want me to share it ;)

    4 Zucchini
    20 mushrooms
    1 onion

    Dice and saute until just soft

    Place in a casserole dish.

    Combine 1 can of cream corn and 1 can of green chili (small can 1/4 the size of the cream corn can).

    Spread over the veges. Top with a sharp cheddar or mozzarella.

    I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add cooking time!

    Bake on medium low just until cheese begins to turn golden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Awesome!! Thanks, I love zucchini and our sprouts are starting to emerge... and those things are like weeds here. LOL I think that will be for Sunday dinner! :D

      Delete